New Genesis in Texas

My wife and I visited Fainting Goat and she did an hour of dual there in a gyro. Great place, and Craig is a top notch instructor. (She still is willing to let me get a gyro if I ever get my medical - I applied for it so now I need to wait for the decision, I can't retract the application.)

All I can say is bummer. I've never trained with Craig but have visited. Nice setup, he helps builders, test flies, all!

Been awhile since I posted but super happy to announce I did my first solo circuit last Saturday in the Aviomania.

Amazing machine, can't wait for the wind to die down this week so I can get back out 😁
A wonderful and exciting day in your gyro-journey! CONGRATULATIONS!

Been awhile since I posted but super happy to announce I did my first solo circuit last Saturday in the Aviomania.

Amazing machine, can't wait for the wind to die down this week so I can get back out 😁
Congratulations on a wonderful milestone in your gyroplane adventure!

Good aviation decision making to not try to learn to fly a gyroplane in strong winds.

Thank you everyone! It was one of the most exciting moments in my life. Craig has been super patient with me taking my time during conversion training, I can't even remember how many crow hops I did over the past few weeks..

Finally popped up and gunned it on Saturday, sailed over the field a bit did a downwind leg over the treeline and turned to base to start a descent. Super smooth the whole time only went under the power curve once and I quickly corrected by just leveling off and building some speed.

Going to keep practicing the circuit pattern and stay within my "safety zone" and start branching out as I get more confident.

P.S. big shoutout to Bobby for driving up a few months back and sorting out all my electrical! Got me in the air!

Congratulations Matt! I need to come see you fly!