Paxton Water Tower Project

Thank you kindly Scott. I quickly drew up a rough drawing
for giving to the news media to kick this project off.

Attachments

• Paxton Water Tower  Project
    20231214_095249.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 13
I just received this photo from a friend of an Iowa ARNG CH-47 moving an Iowa ANG P-80 display aircraft from the Iowa National Headquarters to be repainted. A quick search also brought up the following video of the newly repainted P-80 being sling load back to HQ in Johnston. I noticed the KC-135 in the background so the location of the video must be the Sioux City Air National Guard Base.

My friend flew with the 185th Air Refueling Wing there in Sioux City, IO. One time my wife and I were in Oahu, HI for a day before we were going to fly over to the Big Island. I saw an advertisement for an airshow at MCAS Kaneohe Bay at MCB Hawaii, so we attended. While walking past a KC-135 on the ramp, I hear my named called from above. Sure enough, it's my friend. We boarded the aircraft and caught up. My friend then says, "When are you leaving back to CONUS? You can fly back with us if you want. We'll even drop you off at LAX!" Unfortunately, we had purchased round trip airline tickets and were not leaving for another week. Otherwise that would have been a fun flight for my wife..

Wayne

Paxton Water Tower  Project